Reading comes naturally, is what most people say! But is it so? Not always!
A child needs to be developmentally ready to start reading. A child must have certain skills and abilities to learn how to read.
Here are some things to look for:
- Does your child show an interest in books and stories? This is one of the first signs that your child may be ready to start reading.
- Can your child sit still and listen to a story being read? It is important because your child will need to be able to pay attention and focus while learning to read.
- Does your child try to imitate the sounds of words? This is called phonemic awareness, and it is an important skill for reading.
- Can your child identify some letters of the alphabet? Knowing the names of letters and their sounds is another important skill for reading.
- Does your child have a growing vocabulary? Knowing lots of words will help your child understand what they read.
If you answered yes to most of these questions, your child might be ready to start reading! But don’t worry if your child isn’t quite there yet. Soon enough, your child will be reading on their own! Every child develops at their own pace. Just keep encouraging your child and exposing them to books and reading materials.
At What Age Does a Child Usually Starts Reading Independently?
It depends on the child’s abilities and interests. Most children learn to read by 6 or 7 years old. Some children may learn at 4 or 5 years old.
How Can Mosaic Nursery in Dubai Help?
If you’re looking for a Nursery in Dubai that will help your child learn to read, look no further than Mosaic Nursery! We offer a comprehensive reading program designed to help children of all ages and abilities learn to read.
Our expert teachers have years of experience in the field, enabling them to understand each child’s needs and design a program that is just right for them.
We believe that children learn best when they are having fun. Therefore, we incorporate many games and activities into our reading program to keep your child engaged and excited about learning! Moreover, at our kids’ nursery, we try our best to make learning fun!
Be Patient with Them
Reading takes time and effort to master. Some children take a little longer than others, but with your help and encouragement, they will get there!
Remember, do not rush, pressurize, or make them feel like they are not doing well enough. This will only discourage them and make them lose interest in reading.
Instead, be patient with them, praise their efforts, and celebrate their successes, no matter how small they may be! This will motivate them to keep trying, and eventually, they will become confident and proficient readers.
Or, if you want your child to learn to read in a fun and stimulating environment, contact us today at Mosaic Nursery, the best nursery in JLT!